Melbourne is a great city. But like all great cities, Melbourne is not immune to crime. Many homeowners worry about burglary or break-ins that happen from time to time and consider this when it comes to securing their selves, their families, and their properties. Despite this and the increasing rate of crime in many cities, only a few residents have a set-up security alarm system for their homes. Be one of the prepared homeowners and invest in a security system with Security Installers Melbourne now.
Many studies and statistical analysis have proven data that an alarm system for your home will be the main deterrent against theft and breaking and entering. Criminals are opportunistic by nature and will only attack easy targets. A smart burglar will not even consider targeting a house with these systems in place. Homes without an alarm system however are an easy target. It is also important to take note that a lock and bolt in place will no longer protect you from such crimes. Most cases of burglary and theft involve breaking in by force, with the criminals breaking a window or a door lock.
More than just investing in a security system, alarm monitoring services are also very crucial for your home. Aside from simply protecting your home, these types of systems will alert the police in the case of a break-in, and so forth.
As an added investment, another important reason to invest in alarm monitoring is for the extra smoke and fire detectors that provide another layer of security. Fires are very hazardous and will cause a lot of property damage. Therefore, it is important to prepare and protect your home from said fires. An alarm monitoring system that can report the fire quickly will be very useful.
When thinking of having these alarm systems installed, a major factor that will affect your decision is of course the affordability. Costs will vary depending on the system that you would use and the layout of your home due to the accessories such as motion detectors, glass break sensors and many more. Whatever the price though, your loss thru any possible break ins and burglary will be significantly more than with the costs of the alarm system.
We at Security Installers Melbourne guarantee the best alarm system for your home. With our expert team of professionals, our team will be able to do the suitable groundwork, inspection and continue with the finest equipment to install, and maintain the alarm systems that we will deliver for you to your satisfaction.
CCTV Systems are commonly used for security for many industrial establishments such as shopping malls, shops, restaurants and other businesses. However, its use for residential places are now quickly becoming more and more apparent as many homeowners are now realizing the importance of installing these systems. We at Security Installers Melbourne assure you that a CCTV system will be a great investment to be added for your homes. Here are a few advantages of having a CCTV system for your home.
CCTV stands for Closed-circuit Television and is the most popular security video surveillance in this era. Its main function is of course the increased security it provides but continuously recording and transmitting video feeds specified for you. You can continuously monitor events at your home as it happens in the present time. Even if you are far away you it is possible for you to remotely see what’s happening in your home when you have advanced CCTV systems. This is very useful especially if you have children or any other things that you might need to keep an eye on. A properly installed CCTV system through Security Installers Melbourne will allow you to scan essential areas of your house.
CCTV systems are also deterrent to any possible crime as many studies and research work have already proven. At the low chance that anything bad might happen, well recordings from your installed system will definitely prove valuable as evidence. As the CCTV continuously records events, you can review them as you desire.
Finally, having a CCTV video surveillance system is known as a one-time investment. It is very cost-efficient nowadays because of new technology that allows us to produce cheaper but more effective products. With Security Installers Melbourne, it is possible for you to avail this service without having to worry about the expenses. The most important thing to consider is that not only will it save you a lot on future insurance costs, but it will give you the peace of mind.
Simply put, protecting your home is no longer as complicated or expensive as you might believe in. With Security Installers Melbourne, we assure that the technology we provide will be simple enough to understand, use, and maintain. If you believe that you would benefit from these then contact us today and we will have everything prepared for the safety of your home and protection of your family.
The security of our home is a very important part of our lives because in addition to providing safety for family members, valuables and property, it can actually reduce the amount of insurance premium that we pay out. Security systems galore of every type, size and sophistication are available on shop shelves these days. Nevertheless perhaps because of its lower price tag and suitable effectiveness, motion detectors have proven to be very popular with home owners. Why? Because they:
- Possess so much versatility and flexibility they can be connected to any other system
- Can be installed into many different sites of your house
- Can be used to activate a myriad of devices to go into motion in protecting your home
- Are able to be used in many different ways for addressing security issues
The most common use to which motion detectors have been deployed is in exposing the presence of intruders who are hiding themselves under the cover of darkness. In combination with lights connected to them, motion detectors are able to activate the lights when the movements of would be intruders register on the detector and automatically triggers a mechanism that turns the connected light on. Many home owners have also experienced the merit of installing a motion detector at their home when they themselves try to enter their own domain. The detectors instantly capture their movements and automatically turn the lights on providing them with light for finding their way to the main door.
You can also use motion detectors inside your own house to achieve the following:
- You have an instant alarm system that can alert you to the presence of intruders.
- You can save on the amount of utility bill you have to pay simply because you don’t need to leave your porch lights on all night.
- You may also increase your electricity bill by forgetting to flip the switch and turn off the lights.
- The lights working in consort with your detectors mean that they will only come on when movement is detected and automatically shut down after the timer delay has run out.
- You won’t be consuming so much electricity after you install a motion detector system.
Motion detectors have now added another feature to their surveillance capabilities – cameras – which are newcomers to the security scene. The cameras can be installed is a particular area to capture action but can also be hidden inside objects (such as a teddy bear or other stuffed animal and moved from place to place whenever needed. But the assistance of a security expert may be needed to install and operate the more technologically advanced motion detector system with cameras.
Fires in the home can prove to be very dangerous incidents that can cause untold damage and injury to both property and occupants alike. But for all their destruction, fires are different from natural disasters such as floods and cyclones. Unlike other natural disasters, at least preparations can be made to prevent the occurrence of fires and mitigate the damage they cause even if they can’t be put out entirely.
Some very important facts about fire related incidents should be kept in mind so that damage can be kept to a minimum. Such facts will include but are not limited to the following:
- Once a fire starts, it will spread out much more quickly than most people can imagine.
- Contact should be made to the fire department the moment the start of a fire is identified
- Immediate evacuation by everyone in the house should be processed as quickly as possible.
- Everything should be done to keep the fire from spreading to the whole building
- A matter of only a few minutes is all that it takes for a fire to cause minimal or maximum damage to a house.
Since the need to detect the start of a fire as early as possible is a critical phase, the ability to monitor the home environment at all times is critical for preventing a fire or minimizing potential damage or injuries. This is where the difference between a smoke detector and a fire alarm can be a critical choice. For now, a fire alarm system is watched by a monitoring inbuilt service 24/7 which can immediately notify the local fire department. This is the ideal solution for minimizing damage and possibly saving lives.
Alarm systems used by commercial and industrial companies are usually of the high-end types with rather high price tags. You can however dispense with some of the accessories attached to the systems such as bells and whistles and procure an affordable alarm system that provides the right solution for your security problems. You may even opt for a CCTV surveillance system to really boost your security situation but you must choose one that will effectively address your security needs.
You will find that you can dispense with some of the add on gadgetry and devices that alarm or camera systems feature these days. Although they may make the system work better and more efficiently, you can achieve your own security goals by opting to purchase a more basic system with lesser attachments. For instance, you can do without that attached water sprinkler to an alarm system since you can perform the action yourself after being alerted by your basic alarm system.
So it’s not really how sophisticated an alarm or camera system can be but how effective a basic alarm, camera or access point can perform in pointing out the danger!
Way Up North to Escape Winter
No one is perfect but during this Christmas season, we at SecurityInstallers.com.au in Melbourne are extra careful in how we assist our clients who buy our security alarm systems. We know that the Christmas holidays causes people to leave their homes and head north for sunnier destinations. In doing so they leave their homes seemingly at the mercy of burglars, but never fear. We have conjured up all the ways and means of protecting their valuables and property when they are away. This allows them to enjoy their vacation without a care in the world, so here are several that may also help you if you are likewise heading north.
Hints on Making Absolutely Sure Your Alarm System Works!
After our customers make purchases from us, we despatch a professional expert from our office to accompany them and install the system. After our professional has installed the system it will be thoroughly tested to make sure that everything is fully operational and the customer will be familiarized with procedures on how to test and maintain the system consisting of the following:
- Test the security system – How? Very simple. Check your system manually and make sure all components are functioning properly. If the noise disturbs those connected to your alarm system such as the police, inform us and we will send one of our top professionals to do the testing. This initial step will identify any irregularities the system might be encountering.
- Attend to repairs and maintenance needs – During this maintenance and repair check other flaws and shortcomings may be identified for which proper action for repairs or updates need to be put in place. Protection for windows, garage or even the shed should be factored in at this stage so that your property is totally covered in terms of security needs. These new parts of your property may need different types of security systems such as a sounding alarm or a visual monitoring system.
- Learn about virtual home monitoring – This monitoring system is one of the best systems inventions of the 21st century. This gadget is like something in a science fiction movie. It can view different rooms, unlock doors, turn heat or lighting on or off from anywhere that has internet connection. It is truly futuristic and we can help you install it wherever you need it your home.
- Home lighting on a timer – These timers are perfect when you are away on vacation. These incredible gadgets can switch lights on or off in your home at night during different intervals giving the impression that someone is still in the house, when in fact no one is there.
If you are planning on escaping the southern winter and head north for sunnier climate, ring us on 03 9013 3803 and we will ensure your house is safe during your absence