We’ve all heard about website, product and app scams on the internet. In fact nearly every online activity has its very own scam opposite. If this wasn’t bad enough, there is also the need for you to be careful of travelling salesmen who travel everywhere in a door to door fashion making uninvited visits to homes. These use annoying pressure tactics and fraud to entice unsuspecting customers to buy high priced, low quality security systems they don’t really need. Here are a few hints on how to tell if a salesperson is selling you a scam security system:
- Fake IDs – there are many different ways to conjure up false IDs these days so you should make it a necessary hobby to study up the difference between genuine and fake IDs and how and by whom they are made. Specific info you should look for from sales people are their names, company they work for and the products they are offering. Also ask for license and photo ID. A fake ID means your salesperson is definitely a fraud.
- Time limited offers – a favourite trick used by scam salesmen who use verbal pressure to make you act quickly without thinking. Signing a contract is usually the culmination of the deal after you’ve been informed the equipment such as an alarm is offered free (but usually with strings attached. Either read up the contract to know what you are signing your wealth away for or tell them nicely to leave
- The stubborn approach – another tactic some fake salespersons use is to simply barge into your home and refuse to leave until you comply to their wishes. It would be quite in order for you to let the salespersons you aren’t interested and show them the door. Actually it would be wiser if you said “no” at the doorstep rather than to try and get him/her out of your house after they’ve dug their heels in. And never hesitate to take further action if they refuse to leave, like calling the police.
- The scare approach – sales agents can even use scare tactics to force their point home and one favourite trick is by bombarding you mind with trumped up stories about a string of robberies in your district (all of which are false of course).
- The upgrading approach – after telling you that they are there to renovate or upgrade your existing security system, sales agents very quickly install a new system and then get you to sign documents that will bind you to a long term contract for a monitoring service. Beware of new upgrades to your current system!
Way Up North to Escape Winter
No one is perfect but during this Christmas season, we at SecurityInstallers.com.au in Melbourne are extra careful in how we assist our clients who buy our security alarm systems. We know that the Christmas holidays causes people to leave their homes and head north for sunnier destinations. In doing so they leave their homes seemingly at the mercy of burglars, but never fear. We have conjured up all the ways and means of protecting their valuables and property when they are away. This allows them to enjoy their vacation without a care in the world, so here are several that may also help you if you are likewise heading north.
Hints on Making Absolutely Sure Your Alarm System Works!
After our customers make purchases from us, we despatch a professional expert from our office to accompany them and install the system. After our professional has installed the system it will be thoroughly tested to make sure that everything is fully operational and the customer will be familiarized with procedures on how to test and maintain the system consisting of the following:
- Test the security system – How? Very simple. Check your system manually and make sure all components are functioning properly. If the noise disturbs those connected to your alarm system such as the police, inform us and we will send one of our top professionals to do the testing. This initial step will identify any irregularities the system might be encountering.
- Attend to repairs and maintenance needs – During this maintenance and repair check other flaws and shortcomings may be identified for which proper action for repairs or updates need to be put in place. Protection for windows, garage or even the shed should be factored in at this stage so that your property is totally covered in terms of security needs. These new parts of your property may need different types of security systems such as a sounding alarm or a visual monitoring system.
- Learn about virtual home monitoring – This monitoring system is one of the best systems inventions of the 21st century. This gadget is like something in a science fiction movie. It can view different rooms, unlock doors, turn heat or lighting on or off from anywhere that has internet connection. It is truly futuristic and we can help you install it wherever you need it your home.
- Home lighting on a timer – These timers are perfect when you are away on vacation. These incredible gadgets can switch lights on or off in your home at night during different intervals giving the impression that someone is still in the house, when in fact no one is there.
If you are planning on escaping the southern winter and head north for sunnier climate, ring us on 03 8513 0799 and we will ensure your house is safe during your absence